INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE MUSEUM
Museo dei Bozzetti (Museum of Maquettes)
main location - exhibition of maquettes and to-scale models
opening hours: Monday 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.; from Tuesday to Saturday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m./2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.; Sunday and Holidays 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
free entrance with regulated access on Saturdays and Sundays by reservation at leastthe day before:
- tel. 0584.795500 Monday 14-19; Tuesday-Saturday 9-13/14-19; Sunday 16-19
via S. Agostino 1 - 55045 Pietrasanta (LU)
tel +39.0584.795500 -firstname.lastname@example.org
Handicap's access :
-main location: : partial, it is possible enter from the back. Notify by telephone
NEW EXPOSITION CENTRE “BOZZETTI IN VETRINA”
free entrance with regulated access
From 1 September 2020 closed for new exhibition
via Marzocco 1 - 55045 Pietrasanta (LU)
tel +39.0584.795500 - email@example.com
Special access for disabled: NO
How to reach the museum
• click here to view the streets plan...
- Guided tours on oppointment: for groups, both students and adults, guided tours to both of the two locations of the museum.
- Educational services: didactic routes through the museum, educational games, projections of images and tapes and hands-on experiences, to introduce participants to the language of sculpture and local history.
- Bookshop: near the Museo dei Bozzetti the general catalogue of the museum.
- Consultation of Documentart: it’s possible to consult the documentary files both in paper and computerized versions.
Informative service: we provide information about activities connected to the sculptures that are developed in the city.
- Stages: by conventions stipulated with high schools, universities and jobcentres, trainees spend periods at the museum, and gain comprehensive experience regarding management of a museum with particular reference to the documentary files.
from information and reservations: tel +39.0584.795500 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational services at the Museo dei Bozzetti began in 2003 in order to supply a more complete knowledge of Pietrasanta regarding contemporary sculpture and also to make use of the museum collection of the models and to give an easier approach to contemporary art.
Through didactic methodology and clear rules, the museum offers ideas on sculptural techniques, on tactile characteristics of different materials and on their possibilities of combination.
Techniques and rules are deduced from the artworks and proposed in form of a game, using more visual than verbal explanation. The reproduction of the marble laboratory and foundry that are located in the museum are used for specific and technical clarification.
It is the visual and manual experiences what really teaches children the language of art and gives them ideas on tactile aspects of objects and materials and the expressivity of shapes. In the end the children find their own way to create an artwork.
Educational section comprises two specific separate but correlated areas: School and Public. Departing from the services offered to schools, the section has widened over time to include a broad range of specific activities offered to various public groups: families, associations, disabled people, cultural tourism.